Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hey guys!

So I have decided to (finally) start a blog of my own! It’s for all you guys out there that are interested in how God is working through my life in my YWAM DTS! I’ll be sure to update everyone as often as possible; letting you guys know how living away from home has been, to how awesome it is growing in relationship with God. Things have been crazy, and it’s only a matter of time before they start spinning out of control! (in an amazing, life-changing way, of course )


I am getting adjusted to many different things being away from sunny Roseville, California to hot n’ sweaty Lindale, Texas. But…..

For starters I am:

-Learning how to live, community/dorm style! I live in a tiny bedroom along with four other girls, (two of which are South Korean and are still in the process of learning english), complete with bunk beds and close to no space to hang up our clothes. It’s been interesting, to say the least.

- Trying to get used to the heat here in good ‘ole Texas. Walking outside feels like a sauna, and I believe the high a couple days ago was 115 degrees. BUT, walking into our classrooms feels pretty much like Heaven, because they keep it down to what feels like 20 degrees in there. So that is a definite plus.

- Slowly learning how to let God take hold of things in my life. By nature and personality, I am one who likes to be in control – of myself and other things surrounding me – and the process of letting go and giving that part of my life to God has been a toughie.

- Now understanding what it means to genuinely miss people of importance of my life. Yes, i have gone periods of time without seeing loved ones, but this is my first adventure being away from any of you guys for longer than….a week. Mmm, yep, sounds about right.









And even though there are more things that I have been learning to “adjust” to, that seems to be all for today. I’m off to go on a bike ride with a good friend, Kristen (yes, she’s a new one)  and then i’ll be going to Family Night (a fun church-like, get together with everyone on base) later tonight. So I’ll see y’all around!


Love you and miss you,

Kelci

No comments:

Post a Comment